Sunday 6 April 2008

IBERIA continues to show it DOES NOT CARE

Having written to clarify my status on 25 March I wrote again on 26 March. Needless to say there have been no replies.

Today I decided to write to the Chairman of IBERIA. This is what I wrote :

Dear Mr Conte

I am writing to you because having read your career history as published on the IBERIA website, I believe that you will not only be able to assist me, but will wish to help me. I also believe that given your substantial experience in management and particularly your recent appointment as Chairman of the One World alliance, not to mention your current posts with the Association of Euopean Airlines, you will be able to sort out the difficulty I currently have with IBERIA quite quickly.

To summarise - and I will not take up your time with all the details because you read the full synopsis on my blog (
www.iberiaandcustomerservice.blogspot.com), and other websites - the following facts are relevant :

1) I took a code share flight from Madrid to London in December 2007 and no points were credited.
2) I contacted IBERIA customer service/points plus by email, fax and telephone and could not resolve the problem. My travel agent (
www.travelocity.co.uk) also got involved but eventually gave up.
3) Eventually on 18 March my points were credited.
4) However, I was still listed as being at silver level. This is something I maintain is not correct. I asked for my status to be clarified - and would have appreciated knowing if I have got it wrong. (I do not think I have).
5) I have written and asked for clarification on several occasions but never receive a reply.
6) MORE WORRYING, however, is the fact that on more than 3 occasions I have asked for the details of someone of managerial/supervisory level to whom I can take my complaint. Each time this request is ignored.

Consequently, I am writing to you and would very much appreciate it if you or one of your colleagues can investigate the matter.

This has all been very disappointing, because as you can read on the Business Traveller magazine website discussion
I wrote a very positive review of Iberia - and I still have three more flights already booked with your airline. Please help restore my faith in IBERIA and hopefully show me that your company really does care about its customers.

Yours sincerely,

etc etc

Of course I do not really expect this to get through since IBERIA seem to have ignored all my other messages. I shall send a hard copy by registered post as well - so at least I will be able to know that it definitely arrived.

1 comment:

angeline said...

i am currently having a similar response with iberia, although i was forced to buy a one way ticket home because they canceled my return when i arrived 40 minutes before my flight. in addition, they documented me as being rude and unruly on my file, despite my not being able to speak italian and having a cab driver speaking for me!! what address did you send your letter to? needless to say, im out over $1100 USD because they would not help me!!! i am not giving up the fight! angela.m.cerci@gmail.com